1752810 Members
5876 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Problems Connecting XenServer to HP P4000 SAN

crucialx
Advisor

Problems Connecting XenServer to HP P4000 SAN

I've been testing getting 2 x XenServer servers connected to a HP P4000 VSA SAN.

I'm having trouble connecting XenServer to the P4000 via iSCSI. I've been able to connect my windows desktop to the SAN without any issues, using the windows iscsi initiator, however when I try and connect using XenServer I get the error message: "Logging into the iSCSI target failed. Check your username and password. ".

I've been using this guide:
http://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/getdocument.aspx?docname=4AA0-3524ENW.pdf

What I have been doing is:

1. Find the IQN of the XenServer server, and add it as a server to the P4000. Selecting CHAP not required, and entering the IQN of the XenServer server in the Initiator Node Name field.

2. Assign the server permission to have read/write access to a few volumes.

3. In XenCenter select add a storage repository (tried both on the pool and directly to the server), select software iSCSI option, enter the VIP of the P4000 as the target host, and leave the rest of the settings as default (no CHAP).

4. Select discover IQNs. Upon doing this I get the error message: "Logging into the iSCSI target failed. Check your username and password. "

I've tried doing with CHAP authentication, and without. Changing the IQNs on the XenServer servers, rebooting the VSA, rebooting the XenServers, however I keep getting the same error message. They are all on the same network, using the same range of IPs.

I'm stumped as to what I'm doing wrong, can anyone shed some light on this?
1 REPLY 1
crucialx
Advisor

Re: Problems Connecting XenServer to HP P4000 SAN

I found this out to be an issue with the new Cowley Beta release, when I downgraded to 5.6 it worked without any issues!