1747983 Members
4377 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Remote copy with san iq

Navaneeda
Regular Advisor

Remote copy with san iq

I am in the process of configuring remoe copy.
Bandwidth between two primary and dr site is 4 MB.so i have created 2 Managament group/cluser as primary and secondary in locally. I want to use one volume from my primary to remote copy. I have created a remote snapshot and remote volume and copied all the data to the remote cluster. After this i have shifted the second node to remote site. Now what i have to do for testing remote copy feature ??

2 REPLIES 2
teledata
Respected Contributor

When you created the initial remote snapshot, did you create a scheduled remote snapshot, or just a one-time?

If it is scheduled, it should automatically attempt to perform additional snapshots at the scheduled interval. (assuming there is still a working route between the two nodes).

I'm assuming you had to change IPs when you moved the 2nd cluster to the new site. You will have to re-discover the remote cluster in the CMC (both the CMC and each cluster must have a functioning route to both SAN clusters).
http://www.tdonline.com
Navaneeda
Regular Advisor

I created only one time remote snapshot. I have not scheduled. Frist time when i created the snapshot, it created one remote volume and completed copying the source disk also. After this i changed the ip and shifted to DR site, and discovered the node in CMC. now what is the next step to proceed ??
Now if i take a remote snapshot,will it copy only the changed blocks or it will copy again the entire volume ??

i cannot copy the entire volume again, as the bandwidth betwen two sites are only 4 MB.