Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
StoreVirtual Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote copy with san iq

Navaneeda
Regular Advisor

Remote copy with san iq

I am in the process of configuring remoe copy.
Bandwidth between two primary and dr site is 4 MB.so i have created 2 Managament group/cluser as primary and secondary in locally. I want to use one volume from my primary to remote copy. I have created a remote snapshot and remote volume and copied all the data to the remote cluster. After this i have shifted the second node to remote site. Now what i have to do for testing remote copy feature ??

2 REPLIES
teledata
Respected Contributor

Re: Remote copy with san iq

When you created the initial remote snapshot, did you create a scheduled remote snapshot, or just a one-time?

If it is scheduled, it should automatically attempt to perform additional snapshots at the scheduled interval. (assuming there is still a working route between the two nodes).

I'm assuming you had to change IPs when you moved the 2nd cluster to the new site. You will have to re-discover the remote cluster in the CMC (both the CMC and each cluster must have a functioning route to both SAN clusters).
http://www.tdonline.com
Navaneeda
Regular Advisor

Re: Remote copy with san iq

I created only one time remote snapshot. I have not scheduled. Frist time when i created the snapshot, it created one remote volume and completed copying the source disk also. After this i changed the ip and shifted to DR site, and discovered the node in CMC. now what is the next step to proceed ??
Now if i take a remote snapshot,will it copy only the changed blocks or it will copy again the entire volume ??

i cannot copy the entire volume again, as the bandwidth betwen two sites are only 4 MB.