1748259 Members
3789 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Remove broken VSA Failover Manager from managment group

AEB_Company
Occasional Collector

Remove broken VSA Failover Manager from managment group

We had a HDD failure on the System running the Failover Manager. I have set up an new Failover Manager, but I can’t remove the old (offline) Failover Manager from the management group, and I can’t add the new one because the management group already has a (broken) Failover Manager that could not be found anymore.. How can I remove the old, broken Failover Manager from the management group to add the new one?

Software Version is 12.5.00.0583

4 REPLIES 4
Rafael_31
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Have you figured out how to resolve this problem?

I'm having the same problem.

Thanks

Rafael

Rafael
Ravi_K
HPE Pro

hello Rafael and AEB_Company

Usually we can simply power off the FOM VM from the ESX / Hyper-V and it should be removed from CMC. Sp please try it if works for you, if it still doesn't work, you will need help from Support to run manager_delete command to remove it. Example

dbd_manager --client_bin 13840 --op 'manager_delete <name_of_FOM-witness-from-gdb>

where <name_of_FOM-witness-from-gdb> is the gloabal database name of FOM can be seen in group.xml file when support bundle is captured. NOTE : This is not the FOM name seen in CMC

Accept or Kudo

K-ATAYA

This problem drove me crazy untill I solved it! here is how:

1. Change the MAC address of the new FOM Virtual machine Network Adapter to be set manually as the one of the broken FOM. use this procedure https://pubs.vmware.com/workstation-9/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.vmware.ws.using.doc%2FGUID-495D93E9-06B3-43A7-9B1F-33822B42F429.html 
  2. Change the IP adress of the new FOM Virtual machine Network Adapter to be equal to the one of the broken FOM
  3. Start your new FOM VM and make sure it has the correct MAC and IP adresses
  4. Start your HP Centralized Management Console and log in to your storage system
  5. Now the broken FOM node shall show up as normal and accessable FOM
  6. Now you can either move on with your configurations or delete this FOM from the management group then create new one after changing the FOM VM configurations (MAC & IP) back to original. 
HPstorageTom
HPE Pro

K-Ataya, if you go for this approach, than I recommend that you do run this only termporarily to remove the FOM from the management group, delete this FOM, create a new one and add this new FOM to the management group.