StoreVirtual Storage
1753468 Members
4946 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Replaced both SV3200 controllers, want to upgrade to 13.6 with latest patches

SOLVED
Go to solution
jchen522
Frequent Advisor

Replaced both SV3200 controllers, want to upgrade to 13.6 with latest patches

After applying latest patches on a SV3200 end up bricking the controllers.  Tried reimage process on both controllers but both weren't successful.  Called HPE tech support and ended up replacing both controllers.  After putting both controllers and login to the default ip address, I get the initla configuration setup page.  However, there are errors in the alarm.  If I go to Systems\Storage Systems, I see the following error message:

Inter-controller communication status is normal, Foreign: The replacement of both controllers has been detected. Two unrelated controllers have been inserted in the array at the same time which is not permitted.

I tried shutdown one controller and bring only one controller up at a time but still getting the same error message.  These controllers currently have StoreVirtual Version 13.5.00.0793.0.  My ultimate goal is to upgrade to 13.6 with latest patches.  Can I just try reimage both controllers to 13.6?  What is the correct way to do this?

4 REPLIES 4
Solution

Re: Replaced both SV3200 controllers, want to upgrade to 13.6 with latest patches

Check the link below to get Storevirtual Reimage OS 13.6,

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_10030691b79049e5b46d1087d9#tab1

Refer Page no 119 to get the Reimage procedure,

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=1009115875&docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c05244956&withFrame

Yes you can directly reimage Controllers to 13.6

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

***********************************************************************************

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
jchen522
Frequent Advisor

Thank you!  I was able to reimage both to 13.6 and also patch to the latest updates.  Reimage took 1 hour.  However patching took 3 hours.

Now I am trying to recreate the remote association and the schedule.  I changed the replication time 5 minutes from now.  It doesn't seem to be starting.  How do I check whether replication is going like the P4000 series?

@jchen522 .....nice to know that your SV3200 Controller reimage issue got resolved for which this discussion forum got opened. I would request you to mark this forum as resolved and open new discussion forum with your new query so that everyone can try to help you.

Please note every forum should contain one particular issue which should match with actual forum heading so that people can search and get their solution.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Subhajit

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

***********************************************************************************

I work for HPE
Accept or Kudo
jchen522
Frequent Advisor

Yes.  Issue got resolved.  I created another volume and was able to replicate and see the replicated data when mounting as a volume to a host.

Thank you for your help!