StoreVirtual Storage
1752600 Members
4444 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Resized volume still shows old size in Vsphere client.

chadw_1
Advisor

Resized volume still shows old size in Vsphere client.

I changed the size of a volume from 400GB - 680GB in the CMC today and everything appears to have gone fine and all of our Vsphere systems and VMs are running without complaint. The only issue is that the Vsphere servers still see the volume as having the old size. I have not had the chance to take everything down and back up again at which time I assume the Vsphere systems will reconnect and see the correct size. Are there going to be any issues running like this for a few days?
6 REPLIES 6
chadw_1
Advisor

Well I went to lunch and came back and the Vsphere servers see the correct volume size now. I guess my question is answered.
chadw_1
Advisor

Ok, question is opened again. I was looking at the wrong disk. It is still showing as the size before resize.
Ben Drawbaugh
Occasional Advisor

Have you right clicked on the cluster in vCenter and choose to rescan datastores? Then went into the data store properties and choose to extend it?
chadw_1
Advisor

Ok I see what you are talking about. I have attached a screen shot of my Vsphere client (We do not use vcenter) and it indeed sees an increase in device capacity. So I have to increase the datastore size from here too I take it? Makes sense. Is it something I can do without having to take the hosts down or should I do this during a maintenance window?

Thanks, I think you are on to my issue.
Steve Burkett
Valued Contributor

I've extended out our vSphere datastores a number of times, no fuss, it just does it. We are using vCenter here, but don't think that'd make a difference, you should be ok to do this during the day.

chadw_1
Advisor

Thanks everyone. Kind of new to virtualization and I appreciate the assistance.