1751868 Members
5217 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion

SANIQ 10.0 announcement and download.

Northwoods
Frequent Advisor

SANIQ 10.0 announcement and download.

https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=StoreVirtualSW

Important Product Announcement

HP Storage is pleased to announce the availability of LeftHand Operating System version 10.0 (previously known as SAN/iQ). The new software provides enhancements and new functionality for –
    HP P4000 G2 Storage products
   HP StoreVirtual 4000 Storage product
   HP StoreVirtual VSA Software
Note: HP StoreVirtual Storage is the new name for HP LeftHand Storage and HP P4000 SAN solutions. LeftHand Operating System (LeftHand OS) is the new name for SAN/iQ.  These name changes will be incorporated into documentation, solution materials and product components over the next two LeftHand OS releases.
New features
Upgrade today and take advantage of the following new features and functionality –
Windows Integration
Simplified management for Windows environments
·         Integration with Windows Active Directory
·         Support for Windows Server 2012
 Intelligent Management
Easiest upgrade management in the market today
·         Online Upgrade enhancements including proxy support
·         Tasks in SAN Status Page
·         Quorum Alarms
 Increased Performance
Triple performance for asynchronous replication, double vCPUs
·         Increased Remote Copy performance – 3x performance
·         Dual CPU support for VSA – up to 2x performance
·         Other general performance improvements for application workloads, volume resynchronization and snapshot processing
 Connectivity Options
Bridge the old and the new with ease
·         Fibre Channel Support  available with HP StoreVirtual 4030 FC Storage platforms

11 REPLIES 11
Patrick Neuner
Regular Advisor

Re: SANIQ 10.0 announcement and download.

Hello,

good to hear that SAN/iQ 10.0 is finally out.

But I'm a bit disapointed about the new Features - no ODX, no UNMAP, no DEDUP, ...

Are there any plans to add some of those features in foreseeable future?

Thank you

Andreas Schnederle-Wagner

Gediminas Vilutis
Frequent Advisor

I heard some unconfirmed rumours that unmap is looming in v11 only. That'is about one year from now...

Regarding featureset of 10.0 - I also feel some disapointment. No revolutionary features, just some evolutionary improvements...

Gediminas

oikjn
Honored Contributor

agreed.

supporting multiple vCPU's...  they already worked, but now its "supported".  AD support and slightly faster remote replication is a rather weak new feature set here :-/  I hope HP doesn't fall so far behind in the feature checklist that they lose relivance in the market.  This is a great product, but if they don't keep up with features, it will go the same way as the Mac Classic.

Northwoods
Frequent Advisor

Agreed, very disappointing. I wasn't surprised about the lack of DEDUP as I've never heard anything for it in the product line. However, It's a little more than unfortunate that UNMAP isn't included because (fill in what you already know)... This may work for those who have an HP tattoo on their forehead but for the rest of us it means we will be evaluating a few different vendors and considering the constant deception on HP's part about storage roadmaps. I just can't plan out with what is being told to me as it has nothing to do with what actually going to be available.
oikjn
Honored Contributor

upgrade warning:

apparently the upgrade process clears out the VSA's gateway address so the upgrade process won't complete.  you can get the process to complete by opening the local console and re-adding the default gateway once the upgrade process shows that it is waiting for the node to respond in the new detailed installation log.

you should be ok if you have your CMC in the same netmask, but for those who don't... be warned and I'm not sure if the end of the process resets the default gateway, but it was definitely a problem for my upgrade... not fatal, but annoying.

edit:  one more issue.... anyone else have a problem with the perfmon data not showing up?  I'll try from within the subnet, but outside of it is isn't working.

Jorgen-E
Visitor

I was really waiting for this release .. support for Windows Server 2012.

I have set up a W2012 Hyper-V Cluster with CSV.

Upgraded to SAN I/Q 10.0 on the nodes, DSM for MPIO 10.0.0.1486.1 on the Hyper-V W2012 Hosts (3 DL360P G8 fully patched). But still, i get error when i validate storage cluster configuration against HP P4300 SAN.

Validate Storage Spaces Persistent Reservation

Test Disk 0 does not support SCSI-3 Persistent Reservations commands needed to support clustered Storage Pools. Some storage devices require specific firmware versions or settings to function properly with failover clusters. Please contact your storage administrator or storage vendor to check the configuration of the storage to allow it to function properly with failover clusters.

Hints anyone? Seems like something in the DSM for MPIO on W2012 still not work correctly. People have set up W2008R2 Clusters in the same way against P4300 and those cluster validation work.

Gediminas Vilutis
Frequent Advisor

Regarding performance monitoring - I also had the same problem after upgrade of CMC to v10. Had to reset perfmon settings to defaults and recreate graphs.

Gediminas

oikjn
Honored Contributor

thanks gediminas, that worked.  I was feeling naked without my #'s!

Northwoods
Frequent Advisor

Have you tried skipping the HP MPIO drivers and used the built-in support on 2012? While they don't have the full feature set, I have seen some oddities before.