1753516 Members
5194 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

SCVMM 2012

oikjn
Honored Contributor

SCVMM 2012

I"m trying out Virtual Machine Manager 2012 and its got a lot of nice shiny new features.  Anybody have any experiance with it and can point me in the right direction for setting up the storage providers/arrays under the fabric tab?

When adding a "storage provider", it asked for an IP or an FQDN w/ a port, the option for using ssl, and an account....  any ideas?  Is this only for iSNS servers?  Does it mean I need to set up an iSNS server to take advantage of this?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
oikjn
Honored Contributor

Re: SCVMM 2012

http://www.hyper-v.nu/archives/hvredevoort/2011/03/vmm-2012-fabric-deep-storage-integration/

I kinda answered my own question, but it wasn't great news :(.  Looks like its all about SMI-S providers and VSA doesn't have one and the rhumor on that page is that it won't be comming any time soon.

Well if anyone at HP actually read this, here is one more vote for that feature addition in your next software update (hopefully comming soon). 

David_Tocker
Regular Advisor

Re: SCVMM 2012

From a rep over here in New Zealand apparently it is coming in v10 in november - dont hold me to it tho - it was a pretty casual conversation...

Regards.

David Tocker