Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMH Web Login

PhilCootes
Occasional Contributor

SMH Web Login

Hi,

I have integrated our version 9 P4500s in HP insight Control and found that the upgrade has installed a the system management homepage on the SAN.

What credentials should I be using to log onto this? The group ones do not seem to work.

Thanks,
Phil.
2 REPLIES
SABManoj
Advisor

Re: SMH Web Login

If you have not yet added user groups into HP SMH security settings, then users must log in with an
operating system account in the Administrators group for Windows or the operating system group
root (which in turn contains the user root by default) for HP-UX and Linux. If the credentials cannot be
authenticated, the user is denied access. Administrator on Windows and root on HP-UX or Linux have
administrator access on HP SMH.

Here is the link for installation guide for SMH.

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01658585/c01658585.pdf

let me know if that helps

cheers!
Shayne Heidemann
Regular Advisor

Re: SMH Web Login

Hi.

The SMH is for instrumentation currently and I don't think you can actually log in to it.

Maybe in a future release.

Cheers