1753599 Members
6276 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Setup FOM 10.5 for Hyper-V on W2k12 failed

gange
Occasional Advisor

Setup FOM 10.5 for Hyper-V on W2k12 failed

The setup stops immediately with error "Platform not supported". With 10.5 w2k12 is supported - so

Please help!!!! 

Which parameters need the vm when i create it manually? There are two vhd files inside the setup folder-  "config.vhd" and the  "HVSA_Original.VHD". 

thanks in advance for your help 

gange

4 REPLIES 4
oikjn
Honored Contributor

are you 100% sure you are using a 10.5 install media?  that error is shown on v10, but I know v10.5 definitely works on any normal setup.

Are you running this on hyper-v server or a core install?

I think .net3.5 might be required to complete the install, but I can't remember for sure.

Prakash Singh_1
HPE Pro

Hi,

For P4000 SAN solutions querries you can also visit the HP Guided troubleshooting tree.

Below is the link for HPGT:

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-905&h_lang=en&h_cc=us&h_product=304617&h_audience=smb&h_client=s-h-e010-1&h_audiencerestrict=true&lang=en&cc=us

I work for HP

Regards,

PS
To assign points on this post? Click the white Thumbs up below!
gange
Occasional Advisor

hi

yes the installer is 10.5

i resolved this issue.

i've setup hyper-v on another system and successfully installed the FOM VSA on it.

After that i did a export of the VSA.

Import the VSA on the target Hyper-V

all fine.

oikjn
Honored Contributor

interesting.  sounds like a permission problem with the installer for that problem computer.  I've run into issues on some 2012 computers when the "Virtual Machines" user permissions weren't set correctly or overriden by a group policy.  2012 changes the way hyper-v handles permissions for VMs and its easy to break w/ an incorrect GPO which is why they suggest you put your hyper-v hosts into their own OU and dissable inheritance for it.