1752571 Members
5117 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Shared Storage Options

Pat Misur
Occasional Contributor

Shared Storage Options

I was wondering if anybody has tried using a clustered file system with a P4000 VSA and what their experiences were like.

I couldn't find any information about supported products that would work with sharing a single LUN out to multiple machines.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Niels Vejrup Pedersen
Respected Contributor

Hello,

If you mean the replication level within the HP LeftHand, then it's invisible to the hosts accessing the volumes.

Sharing a single LUN to multiple machines is often done when using clustering (but not at the same time) - or when using vmware (multiple machines access same LUN)

Regards
Gauche
Trusted Contributor

You can put a clustered file system on top of any P4000 SAN. Most clustered servers or file systems use wither scsi reserve/release, some meta data mechanism on the shared volume, or a mix of both.
Anyway, the most common used on P4000 are Microsoft Clustered servers or VMware VMFS for ESX clusters.
Was there a particular cluster type or file system you were asking for?
Adam C, LeftHand Product Manger
Pat Misur
Occasional Contributor

I was looking at something like Melio FS from Sanbolic or something similar. Basically allowing multiple web servers to be able to read from the same LUN in a load balanced situation.