Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
StoreVirtual Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

StoreVirtual sizing - Network RAID 5

A.W.R
Frequent Advisor

StoreVirtual sizing - Network RAID 5

Hi,

I am trying to understand the StoreVirtual capacity sizing. We have 3 Storevirtual P4330 each with 8 by 1TB disk drives in a hardware RAID 5 configuration providing 6.2TB usable space. If I put these into a network RAID 5 configuration I was expecting about 12TB usable storage as per the various sizers I have used. In reality I only get about 9 TB.

If anybody can advise if there are any paramters I need to consider it would be great.

Thanks

Andrew

2 REPLIES
Emilo
Trusted Contributor

Re: StoreVirtual sizing - Network RAID 5

Make sure you make the volumes thin porvisioned.

Also make sure you are using the volumes as repositories and not for lots of writes.

I have had previous posts on why you want to do this.

Let me know what happens once you change the volumes to thin.

Re: StoreVirtual sizing - Network RAID 5

Hi,

For HP Store Virtual 4000 series SAN Solution querries you can also visit the HP Guided troubleshooting tree.

Below is the link for HPGT:

http://h20584.www2.hp.com/hpgt/guides/select?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=4118659&lang=en&cc=us

Regards,

PS
To assign points on this post? Click the white Thumbs up below!