1753787 Members
7464 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Storevirtual 3200 Latency Issue

SVprodmgr
Frequent Advisor

We recently updated the SV3200 quickspecs to show some of our test results here: https://www.hpe.com/h20195/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c05158565

The benchmarks are at the end of this document.

Amy Mitchell

StoreVirtual Product Manager

I'm an HPE employee working in product management
shapirm
Regular Visitor

Hi , 

I also have the same 0x28 errors in hp gen 9 ESXi 6.5  on  10Gb copper with x540-at2 cards in servers.

The speed that I can get in windows server  with crystal mark benchmark and atto benchmark is about 100MB/s on 10Gb links while storevirtual 3200 is connected to nexus 3000 and scaled out to 2 nodes and total of 4 controllers.

Iscsi nexus ports is breaout cable of 4 x 10Gb ports.

What can be the reason for such poor performance ?

Any news about the october patch ?

It will solve the 0x28 buffer errors?

Thanks

Michael

sebastianmair

hello, any news on updates to sv3200, we have a customer that will burn down this holy crap of *****. i cant understand why hpe is not helping us, just reinstalled all 4 controllers, we have 2 sv3200 with 10gbe iscsi. same problem again. on some time, the datastores are so slow, that the virtual machines on vmware just stops and crashes..

hpe, what the hell are you doing?

any news?????

mtroper
Occasional Advisor

Dear HP

October is almost over and still no patch or problem fix. Could someone from HP give us a specific date for the update to be released?

Warranty of our productive MSA storage is running out in two weeks and we have still no solution until now.....

regards

Marc

richa3312
Advisor

Hi Marc,

Not an official update but we had this back from a ticket we had open.

Problem Resolution:

• No reason observed from the received log for the Downtime, Advised  customer to upgrade to  LHOS 13.6 which will be released by End of October 2017 for improved performance of the System

We got this on the 21st of September.

Rich

mtroper
Occasional Advisor

Hi Rich

Thanks for your information. (HP Support told me the same in August)

But where is the update? Announced but not delivered until now.

Also I do not see any official HP announcement for LeftHand OS 13.6 (no official infos found on this release)

In my opionion HP is only buying time... (and i do not have time anymore because the warranty of our productive SAN is running out)

I bought the SV3200 one year ago and cannot use it because of the worst performance ive seen on a ISCSI SAN since years. (even a cheap QNAP NAS brings better performance on ESXi)

My patience is definitely over at the end of this month...

regards

Marc

LeeTse
Occasional Visitor

The fix will be released end of October? 

Now is mid November, but no news from HP.

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Same question here, no update available... ???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
richa3312
Advisor

Still no word on the update but I noticed this on Critical Alerts for your Servers and Software bulletin.

Not sure if this refers specifically to the 3200 DSM or the Storevirtual O/S DSM. Its a bit scant on information.

I've been running the Storevirtual 3200 DSM with no issue for some time and it provided a performance boost when installed.

SUPPORT COMMUNICATION - CUSTOMER ADVISORY

Document ID: a00035478en_us

Version: 1

Advisory: HPE StoreVirtual 3200 Storage - Multipath Configurations Require The Operating System-Provided Multipathing Driver
NOTICE: The information in this document, including products and software versions, is current as of the Release Date. This document is subject to change without notice.

Release Date: 2017-11-08

Last Updated: 2017-11-08

DESCRIPTION

In HPE StoreVirtual 3200 Storage multipath configurations, use the OS-provided multipathing driver, such as the Windows multipath driver. The HPE StoreVirtual DSM driver is not compatible with HPE StoreVirtual 3000 storage products and may cause performance issues or system instability.

SCOPE

This advisory applies to HPE StoreVirtual 3000 Storage systems.

RESOLUTION

Use the OS-provided multipathing driver in HPE StoreVirtual 3200 multipath configurations.

If the HPE StoreVirtual DSM driver has been installed, uninstall it and revert to the OS-provided driver to avoid future issues.

Romain BRICAUD
Advisor

The HPE StoreVirtual OS v13.6 Release Notes release note says :

The StoreVirtual DSM is no longer supported in the StoreVirtual OS software. For information about using
the Microsoft Windows OS-provided multipathing driver, see the HPE StoreVirtual 3200 Storage User Guide
The StoreVirtual Migration Manager is not supported in StoreVirtual OS version 13.6 or 13.5.

I think no more DSM is supported !

The 13.6 upate is visible in the SVMC.