1753813 Members
7735 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Storevirtual 3200 Latency Issue

Nor3344
Occasional Advisor

And then HPE announced EOL for the SV3200...

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-a00041272en_us&hprpt_id=HPGL_ALERTS_2000822&jumpid=em_alerts_us-us_Feb18_xbu_all_all_1462192_2000822_Storage_recommended__&DIMID=EMID_5F1E1D04110235971782C901259FE98E/

This smells like HPE is having to many ssues with the system that they just EOL it.... Support will be there for exsisting customers, but I do not take this as a good sign for the issues people seem to be having.

referencepoint
Advisor

The icing on the cake for this whole issue I think. What an utter farce.

marc5000

We recently got an SV3200, the order went through during the EOL notification!

When the unit arrived it had a dead controller - we also found out (rather annoyingly) the unit wasn't fit for XenServer. 

Anyhow.. with the unit's second controller replaced,  we hit a few more snags. I was not eager to spend ages with HPE support (they were very good) - In the end, as it wasn't in production,  a complete flash of the firmware back to factory sorted the unit out. I started a new lab environment. 

Unit currently consists of 21x 900gb 10k SAS drives, RAID6 across 20 of them (one hot spare). We're going to continue testing before jumping on the Advanced Optimization SSD's - we have 2x, but realised we needed 4 (reseller never informed us). 

I'm running 10Gbps connections in ALB pairing on both controllers through a switch (awaiting second for proper multipath config). I have one Hyper-V node (Lenovo), with dual 10Gbps connections back to the switch. 

StoreVirtual OS is currently fully patched on version: 13.6.00.0241.0

Anyway - results form the raid6, as I expected.. not bad. Write performance maxed aroud 275mbps and read performance around 375mbps. 

IOPS and latency also as expected for a unit like this; average around 700/800 and latency no higher than 35ms.

I also ensured the latest and correct drivers for the 10Gbps connections on the node; and manually added 8x iSCSI connections; using Windows MPIO (not HP's DSM).

Here are some screenshots.

I hope this helps anyone coming across the thread. 

I will re-post once I have my 4x 400gb SSD drives in the unit and tiering is active. I hope to see IOPS and transfer rates to increase considerably. 

sebastianmair

just give the unit back, we did this already at a customer.

kind regards ,

sebastian

This Email has been sent from my IPhone 6, please excuse typos.
AndreyVV
Occasional Visitor

Has anyone found a solution to the problem?