9343 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Storevirtual VSA EoL query

ajc219
Occasional Visitor

Storevirtual VSA EoL query

Hello,

We have a small (2 node, 4TB licence) StoreVirtual 2014 VSA installation. We know the product has gone EoL as per Notice: HPE StoreVirtual VSA End of Life Announcement and understand that it reaches EOSL on 31st December 2022. Looking in the CMC it seems that the actual licences expire in 2040. To my mind this means that our StoreVirtual SAN will continue working normally until 2040, but support will no longer be available after 31/12/2022. 

Where is gets interesting is that our support contract actually expires in January 2022, so ideally we would want to buy a one year extension to this (accepting that we'd only get 11 months use until 31/12/2022). Is this possible?

Our original vendor (actually, the company that bought our vendor) is spinning a line that the StoreVirtual VSA "has gone end of life with its functionality now limited and no additional support available" but I'm not sure I believe them, especially as the next line in their email to me is a quote for a new StorMagic system...

Thanks for any input.

Andrew.

3 REPLIES 3
Rachna-K
HPE Pro

@ajc219

Please share the SAID of the VSA through a private message to me get the Contract information.

Regards,
Rachna K
I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company
bjourdan

IHi,

I've got a similar issue.

Now the product arrive in end of life and as per magic, i've got an issue on my infra since some week and need support on hpe part because our partner not able to solve it.

Is there any way to get pontual payable support from HPE ?

Thank by advance.

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @bjourdan

Thank you for writing to us! 

We have responded to your primary post here, please check and share the requested details. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo