1752770 Members
5442 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Systems Management Homepage for P4500 (G1) Basically Blank

Bryan McMullan
Trusted Contributor

Systems Management Homepage for P4500 (G1) Basically Blank

Hoping someone may have some insight on a weird issue.  We have 4 P4500 (G1) units.  Two of them have been rebooting for no apparent reason so I went into the Systems Management Homepage for them.  But it shows no items.  Under Management Processor it says none and under Data Source, it is blank.  I don't have anything for configuring the Data Source under the Settings.  All four P4500's have the same issue, whereas my 20+ DL320's and P4500G2's all show the correct information when I hit the page.

I thought perhaps something may have not installed correctly, so I reinstalled one of the units using both 9.0 media and 9.5 media, but in both cases it made no difference.

These guys are out of support, so I can't call HP for help.  Hoping someone on here has an idea or perhaps the P4500's were the odd man out in regards to SMH and don't have it.

Thanks in advance for any help or thoughts.

2 REPLIES 2
mars_seven
Occasional Advisor

Might need a new motherboard. I've replaced the motherboard twice on a P4500. 1st was while warranty and the second out of warranty. Had to buy the part from HP parts depot and replaced the board myself.

Bryan McMullan
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the reply Mars.  Do you have any P4500 G1's?  If so, do they have additional information on the SMH?  Would seem weird that all 4 P4500 G1's I have would need their motherboard replaced.

I was able to get in touch with HP Support and show them the SMH screen and they said the screen is different on the P4500/4300 G1's because there was no ILO in the system.  This matches what I'm seeing where DL320's (NSM2120 G1's) and P4500 G2's both have ILO and the SMH is fully populated.  The support person I was talking to didn't sound too confident, but asked others and they confirmed it. 

Thanks again!