Occasional Contributor

The 'Log Utilization' status is 'Full', utilization is 100%

Hello, how do I clear out this log?

thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Jitun
HPE Pro

Re: The 'Log Utilization' status is 'Full', utilization is 100%

Bruce this error is indicating that the log partition on the node is getting full or is full, but SANiQ is setup to automatically clean-up the log partition when it gets full.

So at certain periods of time during heavy use or other things we can see the logging partition fill up hence the warning but the software is designed to reduce the size at that point.
The issue of the Logging partition will not disable your machine as 9.0 is definitely designed to keep the logging partition clean.

It can fill at times with data for
Ex: If it is the Coordinating Manager and the VIP Holder as well, it is doing a lot of stuff so it may fill but do not be alarmed it will cause no harm to the operation of the Box, the software will just kick in and clean it up.

I work for HPE
--------------------------------------------------------------
How to assign points? Click the KUDOS! star!

Accept or Kudo

bruce24
Occasional Contributor

I just checked it this morning, and it's still showing critical. In addtition, I'm getting hammered with emails. Can I manually clear these logs?

Thanks
Jitun
HPE Pro

Which version of SANiQ are you running ?

If you do not have any Networks RAID 0 volumes on the nodes, then try restarting the node so that the program to clear the log partition kicks in.

If that also does not resolve the issue, then please call Support.

Please collect Support Bundle/Support Ticket.
I work for HPE
--------------------------------------------------------------
How to assign points? Click the KUDOS! star!

Accept or Kudo

Haderach

I have same problem, unfortunately some LUNs are NR0, so is not easy to restart this node.
SANiQ 9.0.00.3561.0
ToddDixon
Occasional Visitor

I have same issue with two nodes displaying log utilization critical messages. It's been 3 weeks and SANIQ hasn't cleaned these up. Also cannot restart nodes as all volumes are NR10.