StoreVirtual Storage
1753259 Members
5584 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: The iSCSI interfaces of the Storage lose communication or restart it.

MartinPiura
Regular Visitor

The iSCSI interfaces of the Storage lose communication or restart it.

Good morning and thanks in advance for your response.

I have a corporate client to which we have placed the HPE solution in its 08 Venues and where we virtualize with VMware. We have the following equipment:

01 UPS R5KVA (AF461A)

01 Storage SV3200 (N9X16A)

01 Proliant DL360 G9 (755258-B21)

01 Switch ARUBA 3810M (JL072A)

It happens that when the commercial power supply is cut off, the UPS enters operation and it is at this moment that the iSCSI interfaces of the Storage lose communication or restart it.

All the equipment mentioned above have redundancy in their power sources and are connected to each of the UPS segments respectively.

I need to know if there is any kind of INCOMPATIBILITY between the UPS and the HPE SV3200 or if there is some other problem and how we can solve it, the equipment has support but the analysis to get to know what the problem is is very slow.

Greetings.

1 REPLY 1
BenLoveday
Valued Contributor

Re: The iSCSI interfaces of the Storage lose communication or restart it.

Hi Martin,

I would go back and review all power connectivity as it sounds like something isn't fully redundant across UPS and raw.

My guess would be the switch(es) as these are comonly overlooked and often only have one PSU. I'm not sure about the particular switches you are using but I have seen it where stacked switches using stack power are misconfigured and don't failover supply as expected.

Cheers,

Ben