1753706 Members
4860 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

The management group license expired > monitor whit snmp

markussystems
Visitor

The management group license expired > monitor whit snmp

Hello, I would like to monitor the license status (HP management group license) using SNMP MIBs (PRTG). does anyone have an idea which MIB files I need to do this? In the orginal MIB files from HPE  there is only one point of the licenses (clus mgmt group license time remaining). This only says that a Permante license is active. But i need somthing to monitor the remaining days of the management group license . 

2 REPLIES 2
Mohamed_I
HPE Pro

Re: The management group license expired > monitor whit snmp

Hi Team,

Thank you for your query. The Storevirtual MIBs are used to monitor the hardware status through SNMP.
They may not be used to monitor the Management Group License status. The same can be checked from the CMC.
Also if there is any system board replacement on G2 nodes, that are part of Management Group, the License for the Management Group will show as Expired. In that case, we need to get the new license with the MAC address of the new system board.
Also the CMC will give an alert 60 days prior to the expiry of the Management Group License.
Please let me know if you have any further queries.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
markussystems
Visitor

Re: The management group license expired > monitor whit snmp

Hello, thanks for the fast answer.