StoreVirtual Storage
1751789 Members
4906 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Unable to apply updates on 10.5 VSA due to disk space ?

johnwoo
Occasional Visitor

Unable to apply updates on 10.5 VSA due to disk space ?

Hi,

I am avaulating the VSA version 10.5 which i downloaded from HP website last night and imported the OVF to Vmware. It's installed and working but tells me thre are updates/patches to both the VSA and CMC. I try to download and apply the updates but it starts downloading 9GB of something!? and then near the end stops to tell me there isn't enough disk space to finish the download.

Does anyone know why its trying to download 9GB in the first place and how to get it working so i can apply updates.. i'd like to be in a position to upgrade to VSA 11.0 when it's out soon and this seems like a big blocker when i can't even apply some patches.

thanks

JW

3 REPLIES 3
oikjn
Honored Contributor

Its a setting in preferences.  By default it says to download ALL update files and not just the ones needed for your system.   Change it to only download the required ones and then close the program and delete the 9GB you have downloaded already and then it should only download maybe 1-2GB of updates :)

I don't know why they do that by default, but I've also run into problems with some computers where updates will not install unless you select "All" because downloading required didn't catch every required download. 

Only "good" news is you don't need to install CMC on any server and you don't actually need it up and running after you configure the SAN unless you want to go in to monitor it or change a setting.

If you are doing this as an evaluation, you should be aware that there is a version 11 comming out soon (someone on the board just posted that it is scheduled for mid-november).

johnwoo
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

Thanks for reply.. i never spotted the prefrences option because it's under the help menu which is odd.

Now that i changed it from ALL it now downloads 360MB only.

I am hoping that i can upgrade from 10.5 to 11.0 when it comes out.

thanks

jw

oikjn
Honored Contributor

we'll never know why they do what they do :)

the good new is yes, you will be able to update when it is released.