StoreVirtual Storage
1748089 Members
5130 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Unable to download software (HPE StoreVirtual Storage: StoreVirtual OS 12.7)

SOLVED
Go to solution
erwinbre
Occasional Advisor

Unable to download software (HPE StoreVirtual Storage: StoreVirtual OS 12.7)

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this message. I hope someone from HP can help fix this.

On the HPE software depot website, I went to the download page for the 'HPE StoreVirtual Storage: StoreVirtual OS 12.7 package'. When I click the download button next to the following software-driver file;

HPE StoreVirtual Multipathing Extension Module for VMware vSphere 6.7 (AT004-10558.vib) 

The file gets opened in the browser and there is no popup or possibility to save the file to disk. I tried al possible browsers on different systems, nothing helps. I could copy and paste the contents in the browser to an empty .vib file but I'm not sure if this will work. I want to avoid corrupt drivers on my VMWare-hosts.

Can anyone from HP report this problem to the webmasters please?

Thanks,

Erwin

8 REPLIES 8
Assen
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Unable to download software (HPE StoreVirtual Storage: StoreVirtual OS 12.7)

Hi Erwin,

thank you for this info. I checked it and can confirm this behaviour with Firefox at least.

Internet Explorer seems to work fine.

BR

Assen

I am an HPE employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

erwinbre
Occasional Advisor

Re: Unable to download software (HPE StoreVirtual Storage: StoreVirtual OS 12.7)

Thanks for the quick reply!

Kind regards,

Erwin

Assen
HPE Pro

So it seems that Firefox and Chrome have issues with downloading .vib extensions here. Exe, pdf and iso work fine.

IExplorer works with all file extensions.

BR

Assen

I am an HPE employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

erwinbre
Occasional Advisor

I get the same result with all browsers I tried (IExplorer, Edge, Chrome and firefox).

Strange that it works for you with IExplorer....

erwinbre
Occasional Advisor

Would it be possible to email the .vib file to me please? It's very small.

Or can I download it from an FTP-site?

Thanks,

Erwin

Assen
HPE Pro

you can download it from here too

http://vibsdepot.hpe.com/hpe/HPE-StoreVirtual/hpe-lh-mem/

BR

Assen

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Assen
HPE Pro

Issue with storevirtual download portal is fixed.

vib file extensions are downloading as expected.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

erwinbre
Occasional Advisor

Thanks, I can confirm that it now works.

Erwin.