6248 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Upgrade VSA from 12.7 to 12.8

MauroPavanello
Visitor

Upgrade VSA from 12.7 to 12.8

Hi all,

i have a problem upgrading the VSA on my vmware server.

After i have lauched the upgrade the FOM work fine and upgrade fine, the second VSA (VSA02) after the upgrade have finisced returned up with this error:

The issue is: See Critical Alarms (Storage system 'vsa02.mecdomain.locale', IP address '192.168.10.29' is 'Out of Network' of the VIP(s) in cluster 'Cluster01'.)

the  upgrade stop at 83% there is another vsa to upgrade.

The sync of the volumes is fine and it's resyng every reboot of vsa02.

The ping is ok. any suggestion?

4 REPLIES 4
MezeiNorbert
Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem. This storage node is not communicate with the vmware (esxi6.0) server on ISCSI after version is 12.

Answered
!!In version 12.8, ip_forward does not enabled sometimes between eth0 and eth1!!

Jerry Padavath
Occasional Advisor

Hi there

Just ran into the same issue. How did you resolve it? Our first VSA node is updating from 12.7 to 12.8 and is stuck at 75%. Did not dare to restart or abort it yet.

Thanks,
Jerry

Jerry Padavath
Occasional Advisor

Hello again

edit: false information, MAC address did not change at all. Just double checked.

I have aborted the installation, stopped the quorum manager, rebooted the vsa1. Still having the issue that it shows up with a red cross within the CMC.

I noticed that the upgrade was successful at some point (CMC shows v12.8) and the log file says that the upgrade was successful and it is just waiting for the management group:

Online Upgrade: preparing for post-qualification analysis.

Logging in to management group 'VSA_VE_CLUSTER' via x.x.x.29 now that install is finished...

Starting Post-Qualification Test for device with ip address: x.x.x.29

Waiting for 143 seconds .Waiting for storage system VE-VSA1 (x.x.x.29) in management group 'VSA_VE_CLUSTER'. The issue is: See Critical Alarms (Storage system 'VE-VSA1', IP address 'x.x.x.29' is 'Out of Network' of the VIP(s) in cluster 'VSA_VE_CLUSTER'.)

But vsa1 was never detected again by the management group.

Is removing and readding the vsa1 to the management group a possible way to get rid of the error? Attached are some pictures that could help to understand the situtaion.

Not sure if I should rerun the upgrade installer again to upgrade vsa2 as well, that both have the same version again. Unfortunately, I have lost connection to one of my two datastores.

Thanks, Jerry

VSA2 NIC MACVSA2 NIC MACVSA1 NIC MACVSA1 NIC MACVSA2VSA2VSA1VSA1

Jerry Padavath
Occasional Advisor

Hello Community

Just wanted to share how the upgrade issue got resolved in my case.

I have contacted HPE VSA support and after that a technical engineer helped me over HPE MyRoom to reinstall version 12.7 and fix our VSA cluster again.

In the meantime, I have just upgraded our vSphere 6.0 to vSphere 6.7 U2. 12.7 is running without any issues.

Waiting until someone else has upgraded successfully their VSA Cluster from 12.7 to 12.8 before I try it again.

Jerry