Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
StoreVirtual Storage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to 9.0 Problems

Gavin Race
Occasional Contributor

Upgrade to 9.0 Problems

Hi there,

I attempted to upgrade our multisite SAN to version 9.0 but it hung for nearly 24 hours on communicating with a remote FOM. I cancelled the upgrade which was fine. However ...

When I attempt to run the upgrade again it says:

Gathering the installation destination information for 'XX-NodeX' failed. The upgrade partition is currently in use. Cancelling all further installations.

I can then only click Finish.

Any ideas anyone??
4 REPLIES
Woodc
Occasional Visitor

Re: Upgrade to 9.0 Problems

Try rebooting each of the boxes and see if it clears. I get that every once in a while and it clears afterrebooting.
Gavin Race
Occasional Contributor

One at a time I take it?

Can you do that through software or does it need to be physically powered down?
teledata
Respected Contributor

I typically remove legacy fom from the mgmt group before an upgrade and replace it with the latest version from hp manually rather than attempt to upgrade the failover manager..
http://www.tdonline.com
Jitun
HPE Pro

Hi Gavin, Yes restart them one at a time and after rebooting each node wait for the volumes to complete the re-sync, then restart the next node and so on.

When upgrading saniq, the nodes mounts a /lhnupgrade partition , which gets cleared after a restart.

And yes you can reboot the Node from CMC.
Just right click on the node and you have the reboot/power off option.
just select the time as 0 for instant reboot.
--------------------------------------------------------------
How to assign points? Click the KUDOS! star!