4842 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Upgrade to Lefthand OS 10.5

AlanByrneIT
Advisor

Upgrade to Lefthand OS 10.5

Hi,

I'm upgrading our HP Lefthand P4500 MG which has 2 clusters from 9.0 to Lefthand OS 10.5.

One of the clusters is 95% full and has an alert stating "Utilization = 95.00%. Value exceeds 95.00%"

The HP 10.5 upgrade documents states to make sure there is no alerts of the systems nodes prior to upgrade.

Does anyone know if this will cause an issue or not?

Thanks

Alan

P.S. This thread has been moved from Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Small and Medium Business) to HP StoreVirtual Storage / LeftHand. - Hp Forum moderator

4 REPLIES 4
AlanByrneIT
Advisor

I've spoken with HP about this and they've confirmed the upgrade should proceed ok.

However, they said at least 10% free space is recommended in a cluster before upgrade.

oikjn
Honored Contributor

thanks for the info.

L1nklight
Valued Contributor

Hey man, not to cause panic or anything, but I had an issue this weekend when I tried to do the update and I was 1 degree over the threshold and it wouldn't let me upgrade. I had to shut down the node that was overheated and let it rest for a minute, power it back up, and then proceed with the update. 

AlanByrneIT
Advisor

Thanks for the update, I've been able to reduce the capacity from 95% full to 92% so the status is now normal.