3966 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Use Local Media

cgrvy
Occasional Advisor

Use Local Media

Hi,

I'm planning on doing an upgrade in a couple of days. The problem I'm having is that the kit is in a remote office with a poor internet link. I want to download the updates and bring them with me for the upgrade. I see in the new CMC documentation I can use local media for the upgrade:

"If the system you are working from does not have Internet access, use a different system to download the files and copy them to a location the first system can access. Then from the CMC Upgrade tab, click Use Local Media to see the available upgrades."

I'm testing this out in my lab and I can see that when the machine doesn't have internet access I get the option to select "Use Local Media", but when there is internet access I don't get this option. Is there a way around this?

Many thanks,

Ciaran

6 REPLIES 6
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Re: Use Local Media

Hi,

All files downloaded by the CMC are stored in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\P4000\UI\downloads.

Ship the contents of that folder to the remote sites. Zatch out, currently that folder is around 5Gb!

Install the CMC in the remote site, copy the content in the local same folder and select the option Use Local Media inside the CMC...

Used it already often, works great!

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
cgrvy
Occasional Advisor

Once the downloads are in that folder it will show me the option to use Local Media?
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

First he tries to connect to the internet, but if that is not available you will see a button appear stating Use Local Media...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
cgrvy
Occasional Advisor

Thats really my problem - the machine has internet access but its very poor. I want that "Use Local Media" button to pop up while it has internet access.

I'll be doing the work remotly so I wont be able to turn off internet access.

Jitun
HPE Pro

You can download the Files from FTP mentioned below

ftp://up_p4k:Extreme1@ftp.usa.hp.com/

Its around 5 Gb. Copy all the Files.
Then past it in downloads folder or go to preferences and provide the path, where these files are Saved.
I work for HPE
--------------------------------------------------------------
How to assign points? Click the KUDOS! star!

Accept or Kudo

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

I wasn't able to simulate the fact that the server doesn't have internet to get the Use Local Media button...

However, if you download all the files on a PC with CMC with a fast ethernet connection, ship it to the remote office and copy the files in the same folder over there, when U start the CMC he will connect to the (slow) internet and will see that all files are there, and he will not start all over to download...

Other possibility is (but I couldn't test it yet) to remove the DNS entries from that server so that that server shortly doesn't have internet access... But this is not an ideal way off course... Just trying to find a solution...