StoreVirtual Storage
1752535 Members
4880 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VSA Monitoring doesn't works, and Application Managed Snapshot doesn't work neither

Miquel Angel Daniel
Occasional Contributor

VSA Monitoring doesn't works, and Application Managed Snapshot doesn't work neither

We have a two nodes cluster, in any of the, appear nothing in the Monitored Variables. ├В┬┐any idea?

The App. Managed Snapshot doesn't works, and the snapshot from the OS using the lefthand hardware provider doesn't works neither. the error in Event ID is:
Unexpected Pegasus CIM Exception:CIM_ERR_FAILED: A general error occurred that is not covered by a more specific error code: "The byte sequence starting at index 8 is not valid UTF-8 encoding.
(Using Windows 2008 R2)
I'm so happy with that product...:-) Thanks in advance
2 REPLIES 2
Gauche
Trusted Contributor

Re: VSA Monitoring doesn't works, and Application Managed Snapshot doesn't work neither

That sounds like the gateway that all that goes through (CLI, VSS, the perfmonitor) is locked / blocked somehow. I'd call support on that one because I think there are easy fixes / or a patch available for that.
Adam C, LeftHand Product Manger
Miquel Angel Daniel
Occasional Contributor

No, finally it's a bug that will be fixed in the nex release (HP dixit) :-(