1753797 Members
7930 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: VSA StoreVirtual inaccessible

jtucker
Occasional Contributor

VSA StoreVirtual inaccessible

Recently upgrading VMWare to 7.0 and while stopping and starting a manager on our VSA StoreVirtual datastore they entire system crashed and became inaccesssible in Vcenter. Luckily we are retiring the VSA storage and nothing lives there, however now because it is inaccessible I cannot unmount and remove it from Vcenter. I have powered off the VSA VM and restarted without success. We have also power cycled the ESXi Hosts that house the datastores without success. There are now six datastores that I am unable to remove from Vcenter and since VSA does not even show up on the HPE support site as a valid product I cannot open a ticket. Anyone know how to remove an inaccessible datastore from Vcenter?

5 REPLIES 5
Richard75
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

i don't think it is supported with VMware 7.x

https://h20272.www2.hpe.com/spock/utility/document.aspx?docurl=Shared%20Documents/hw/lefthand/storevirtual_compatibility_matrix.pdf

I work for many years with HPE products, but i don't work for HPE so this is not official support
Rachna-K
HPE Pro

@jtucker 

Can you please let us know the status of VSAs in CMC?

As you are not using VSA, can we disconnect the Servers in CMC by right clicking the volumes --> assign/unassign servers

Once you unassign you can reboot the ESXi Host. If the Datastores are still inaccessible then, you can try the steps provided in the following link. However please be informed that this will take you outside the Hewlett Packard Enterprise web site. HPE does not control and is not responsible for information outside of the HPE web site.

https://tomaskalabis.com/wordpress/how-remove-unmountedinaccessible-datastore-from-esxi-host/

StoreVirtual VSA is a software appliance and hence will have a Software Contract. We can log a Case using the Contract/SAID. If you do not have it, you can get the entitlement order number (EON) either from your invoices or else in CMC by going to the Registration tab. Once you get the EON, our Licensing Team can assist you with the SAID.

https://myenterpriselicense.hpe.com/cwp-ui/auth/login 

You can use the Chat option. 

Regards,
Rachna K
I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company
Rachna-K
HPE Pro

@jtucker - Please let us know if you have any further queries. 

Regards,
Rachna K
I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company
WH_G
Occasional Visitor

@Rachna-K 

Hi Rachana K,

Currently we have 2 VSA StoreVirtual VSA is not detected(not showing in CMC). we have tried to rebuild the VSA and reattached the disk. BUt no Luck the VSA unable to bring up.

Any one can help us to bring up the VSA again to recover the storage ?

Best Regards,

WH_G

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @WH_G

Thank you for posting! Since you have posted in an old topic and there is no response yet, I would recommend you to create a new topic using the create "New Discussion" button.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo