StoreVirtual Storage
1751887 Members
5508 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

VSA product family is scheduled to begin its End of Life (EOL) process on 17 March

regi_p
Frequent Advisor

VSA product family is scheduled to begin its End of Life (EOL) process on 17 March

4 REPLIES 4
regi_p
Frequent Advisor

Re: HPE StoreVirtual VSA product family is scheduled to begin its End of Life (EOL) process on 17 Ma

Looks like a sad day? Nimble is the way forward I think but VSA support until 2022 though.

HPE Lefthand/SAN I/Q & VSA was a rock solid platform for me & never had any major issues (I wouldn’t say the same about Nimble…)

Mukesh2
Advisor

Re: VSA product family is scheduled to begin its End of Life (EOL) process on 17 March

Hi,

Apologies for the delayed response.

Yes the article shared is with correct information.

• EOL-A Advisory is here:
Link
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-a00021920en_us

[Moderator Note: Updated the broken link]
Customers still running Term Licenses may try to update to No Term licenses to ensure
orderable upgrade SKUs exist

Capture.JPG

Regards,

Mukesh

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

regi_p
Frequent Advisor

Re: VSA product family is scheduled to begin its End of Life (EOL) process on 17 March

Hi Thanks for the update I have the below so i'm ok yes ? Pls let me know 

HPE SV VSA 2014 SW 4TB 3-pack E-LTU
Q5T60AAE

Capture2.JPG

regi_p
Frequent Advisor

Think I found the answer 

If you’ve got any licenses with product codes starting D or T then you need to convert those to Q product codes (perpetual) as below:

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-a00021920en_us

Otherwise, nothing you need to do. Support will continue for (almost) 3 years.

(The complete shambles that was the StoreVirtual 3200 finished it off. It’s basically storevirtual re-packaged as a two-controller array with no clustering features which completely missed the point. But then HPE made it completely unreliable to boot….)