7518 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

What Problems if Firmware upgrade not done

cidic
Advisor

What Problems if Firmware upgrade not done

Hi experts,

I would like to know what problems we may face (if any) if we dont upgrade to latest firmware.

Currently we have two nodes of 4300G2 with CMC 9.0 and we really need to upgrade ASAP .

Just want to know what issues we might face if we dont upgrade.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
oikjn
Honored Contributor

Re: What Problems if Firmware upgrade not done

firmware or OS version?  I believe there were some old HDD firmwares and backpane firmwares that had some rare risks of causing non-booting situations and data loss.  You are find to upgrade v9 to v10.5 without doing your other firmware. 

Download v11 CMC from the HP website so that is running the latest version and then log into your SAN and just run the updates it allows you to run.  If CMC allows you to run the updates and your LUNs are NR10, there is little/no risk in upgrading.

Best to upgrade during low use times since each node does reboot it requires a resync of each LUN for each step and that will take longer the more data that changes during the reboot.

cidic
Advisor

Re: What Problems if Firmware upgrade not done

Thanks - I migh be confusing here since my CMC says its Version 9.0 so I guess its OS then :) . Also from my CMC 9.0 -> Upgrades available is 10.5 which has recently been downloaded and  I assume I can do the upgrade straight from here. .

Thanks again mate.