5724 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

can't add all the needed LUNs to Windows Server 2008

doGmaI
Frequent Visitor

can't add all the needed LUNs to Windows Server 2008

Hello everyone,

I hope this is the right board to post this question...

I have a multi-site P4000 solution, with 6 P4500G2 nodes and 4 P4300G2 nodes (2 sites, each with 3 P4500 and 2P4300)

I'm building a new SQL Server cluster and need to connect a lot of LUN to each server (as per my software house request, I need about 20 LUN on each server).

Using the iSCSI Initiator interface I always enabled MultiPath I/O (thus, for every LUN I got 28 connections because I have 4 NIC fully dedicated to iSCSI connection on each server => 4 NIC x 6 P4500 = 24 connection + 4 connection to the gateway node)

Trying to add another LUN I got an error message saying "exceeded max connections on this initiator" (I know this is not Microsoft support forum, so I'm not directly asking if anyone knows about this limit )

The real question is: how can I connect all these LUNs to my server.

If there is this limitation in iSCSI initiator, I can't accomplish my task, so I tought to bind all 4 NIC using the HP utility, but that this solution isn't suggested. Am I wrong?

Any suggestion?

PS: using 2 NICs instead of 4 for iSCSI connection, will drop my total number of connection, but we have planned to buy more P4000 nodes (right now, we are thinking to buy 6 more P4500 and 4 P4300, so the hypothesis of using only 2 NICs, will be useless when we add new nodes (because the total number of connection will be the same as today with 4 NIC).

Thanks for any suggestion/help

M.A.