StoreVirtual Storage
1752771 Members
4935 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: iSCSI sessions remain after host access removed

Timothy Milliken

iSCSI sessions remain after host access removed

How can I remove active iSCSI sessions from ESX hosts that no longer require access to a particular Lun, without going to each ESX hosts and disconnecting the iSCSI session or rebooting my ESX farm?

If I delete the Server under the iSCSI session, does it only remove the iSCSI session or does it remove the host?

CMC - message that appears when attempting to remove the iSCSI session under the iSCSI sessions tab indicates the server will be deleted. This is confusing as all I want it the session removed, not the host deleted.

3 REPLIES 3
Guze
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I have the same problem, if you remove the server the entire host will be deleted.
Have you try with cliq resetsession ? I can't test because i don't have any lefthand at this time.
resetSession volumeName=MyVolume login=10.1.2.3 userName=admin passWord=secret initiator=iqn1;iqn2
Without initiator argument all iscsi session for the volume would be reset.
amitv1
Occasional Advisor

you need to disconnect the session form the vmware side using this command
inside the vmware power cli

esxcli swiscsi session remove --adapter vmhba

Marcel-p4500
Advisor

correct order is;

First on every hosts in your cluster disconnect/delete the volume from storage, do NOT do a rescan of adapters or anything.

Next, On all other hosts in your cluster, delete the ISCSI path from one host.

now do a rescan and the cluster does the rest for you regarding volumes and paths and such.

(Vmware cluster does a lot automaticly regarding iscsi, so always first do the volume of one host, no rescan, then the iscsi paths deletion, next the other hosts, then rescan)

hope this helps you, i had the same issues; all came back after rescan...)