5616 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

p4300 iscsi network and LAN between redundant procurve and cisco

mello_andrea
Occasional Advisor

p4300 iscsi network and LAN between redundant procurve and cisco

Hi
I'm configuring new p4300 san starter kit (2 shelf 7.2 TB), 2 new host dl380 g7 and 2 switch 2910 al for network redundancy.

The startup configuration was made by HP installation service techinician. He configure nic bounding, nics going to separete switch, virtual switch on vmware ecc ecc....and all work well "locally". 

We enable flow control, spanning tree, jumbo frames, but i have some trouble. I don't know the way to connect all to our LAN, and make the p4300 (host and vm) visible in our network.

1 - The two 2910al must to have a trunk LACP between them?

2- ISCSI network and host are on same ip and vlan, but what i have to connect to our lan switch gateway (a stack catalyst 3750)??? A patch cord from HP switch1 to shelf 1 of catalyst 3750 and another patch cord from HP switch 2 and shelf 2 of catalyst 3750? Or i have to connect directly to Cisco 3750 from dl380 nics not used for iscsi?

I try to connect the 2 hp switches with and without port trunk between them as described above to our cisco 3750, but the storage and the host in vmware do errors and very slow performance.

If i shutdown one 2910al, no errors, but i don't have redundant networking.

I have to enable something on catalyst 3750? jumbo, flow control....??

It's very difficult to explain my problem :(  I hope someone can answer.

Thanks in advance

Andrea

1 REPLY 1
ajamil786
Frequent Advisor

Re: p4300 iscsi network and LAN between redundant procurve and cisco