1752794 Members
5650 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

unable to set RAID on p4500g2 14.4tb after a recovery of SAN/iQ

Cock_Toha

unable to set RAID on p4500g2 14.4tb after a recovery of SAN/iQ

Hi,

i need a little help here, after a re-install (recovery) of the SAN/iQ (re-imaged) the p4500g2 makes standard array's for the os and for shared storage, with no options to customize, but in the VSA (management appliance) i need to set the RAID before i can put them in the (newly to be created) management group where the systems are displayed as "RAID not configured"

After i try to setup RAID from within the VSA the error is the following: "setting RAID congiguration failed, there is not enough memory available to create the RAID to accomodate the SAN/iQ devices, available memory - 5961,65 mb, required memeory = 7200,00 mb, it's possible that this storage node has higher capacity drives then it...."

In the RAID controller i can see a logical disk is created with 38 gb, spanned over the first 6 disks each 600gb and the only thing i can do is create an array of the remaining 6 disks, i can't do anything about the lost space or re-arrang it  because the recovery CD is creating the array's/logical disks by himself, and the strange thing is that the VSA see the RAW data size  7200,00mb with 6500,00mb usable data.

I don't understand this, the recovery CD puts back the default SAN/iQ os with the factory default settings, but whatever i try it fails.

Can somebody please advise or help

thanks so much

1 REPLY 1
Orlando Luiz Victorino_1

Re: unable to set RAID on p4500g2 14.4tb after a recovery of SAN/iQ

Hi!

I am seeing the same error on a P4300. How did you solve your problem?

Thanks,

Orlando

There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't