Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1748168 Members
4108 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 10Giga links in hp 3400 switches

Vittorio Valentini

10Giga links in hp 3400 switches

I have a network with 10 Giga links that sometimes seems to freeze. If I use 1Giga interfaces to connect switches intead 10Giga all seams to work fine. Anyone have same problem?
5 REPLIES 5
Sietze Reitsma
Respected Contributor

How does your config look like. Do you use fiber or copper connections. What are your loggings saying? You can run a "show tech all" to provide all the info.

paolo zulberti

Hello Vittorio, I have the same problem but ...seems to be solved with last version available on HP official site and a slim configuration. One week in test and all it's working fine.
Now the problem is : high DROPS RX packets.Someone given this answer: cosmetics bug errors (packets discarded by port blocked by STP).

I'm waiting an official answer about Drops..
ciao
Vittorio Valentini

Hi Paolo,
I also go ahead on the problem and I have installed the 10.17 firmware on my 3400 devices. Is the same you have installed? What dooes you mean with "slim configuration"? I also have DROPS RX packets but not only in stp blocked interface but on all 10Giga interface and also someone give the same answer (an hp senior system engineer, perhaps the same as yours). May you give me your e-mail? We can write each other, you can contact me or my collegue Gabriella Attanasio (attanasio@vem.com)
Let me know
Vittorio Valentini

Dear Paolo,
I belive that we are talking about the same network, and I think that you are the collegue of Someone that said "This is a cosmetic problem", so I have to remenber that the customer's network is up since four days, and the drop packets are on 10 giga interface.

Bye, have good time.
paolo zulberti

Gabriella, good morning. YES the same customer.

So , no update about the solution but we still waiting infos from the lab.

Regards
Paolo
Paolo.zulberti@hp.com