Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1752577 Members
4074 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

1800G-8 and 1810G-8 config file deploy

LoudMusic

1800G-8 and 1810G-8 config file deploy

My company deploys LOTS of 1800 series 8 port switches and, unlike other ProCurve devices, I have yet to figure out how to successfully save a config file and deploy it to another switch. I can't even get it to work on the SAME switch.

Am I the only one experiencing this? Why can't I make it work.
2 REPLIES 2
Bengt Sjoberg
Frequent Advisor

Re: 1800G-8 and 1810G-8 config file deploy

For me it works just fine. I have set up a configuration from scratch, changed all VLAN settings, IP-address etc...
Then I save the configuration file to the network using the command in the web interface (yes web interface only on these smaller switches). Now I have a default configuration for my environment. Keep the IP-address reserved for switchdeployment so you do not get a address collision, I download this whenever I deploy a new switch. I change the IP-adress to a new fixed one.
The problem I have experienced is the shipped default address which force me to change IP-address on the computer I use for deploying.
LoudMusic

Re: 1800G-8 and 1810G-8 config file deploy

If your deployment computer has a static address assigned you can likely add additional IP configurations to the same NIC.

In Windows go to the interface's properties, then IPv4 properties, then click the Advanced button. From there you can additional IP addresses, which can exist on any subnet. I keep a 192.180.2.x on my computer specifically for configuring these 1800 series switches.

Thank you for your reply - I am going to mess around with the web interface some more, but I might come back with more questions ;)