108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 2424M and SNTP

SOLVED
Go to solution
EDV_3

2424M and SNTP

Hi,

i have some problems with SNTP and a 2424M-Switch. I configured the Switch to get the time from a NTP-Server (Win2003 with Meinberg-clock). The Switch becomes a time, but 2 hours are missing (my timezone is MEZ/MESZ). When i check the NTP-server with my Win2000-client (ntpdate as command), the client is getting the right time.

-are there other commands to check my timeserver?
- why cut HP-switches 2 hours away from my NTP-time?
-can i set user-settings on the 2424M (at a 2650-switch, i can set user-settings for time-zones)?

thanks, Alexander
3 REPLIES 3
HRE
Valued Contributor
Solution

Look at the Configuration Manual page 6-29. There you'll find the information to set the time-zone. You'll find the manual here: http://www.hp.com/rnd/support/manuals/8000_4000_2424.htm

best regards

HRE
HRE
Valued Contributor

Sorry,

i forgot the answer for your second question. You receive the time information via a radio signal by GPS or DCF77. The server sets and use this information as UTC time. Difference between UTC and MESZ (local time until timeswitch last sunday morning in october) is 2 hours => thats your difference (if you haven't set a time zone).

HRE
EDV_3

Thank you HRE, the solution is so easy. I am not realized, that the settings for Timeservers and Timezones in different menupoints. At a 2650 Switch, all timesettings are in the same menupoint.