Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Switches, Hubs, and Modems
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2510 miniGBIC fiber issue

Godissart Benoit
Occasional Visitor

2510 miniGBIC fiber issue

Hi,

We have Procurves 6600-24G (J9263A) & 2510G-48 (J9280A), linked together by miniGBIC modules and fiber in LACP.

When I did some tests in laboratory with those modules only between 2510G procurves, I succeeded without any problem to establish simple and LACP links between them.

But when we plug (firstly) a miniGBIC in a 6600 procurve, and secondly the other miniGBIC in a 2510G procurve, we always have to reboot the 2510G to make it working.

Actually, it seems that the slightest physical change (physical or logical) leads to a disconnection between the 2 different procurves when miniGBIC + fiber is used.

I read that a new firmware version for 6600 has been released, allowing to reboot a module without having to reboot the entire switch.
But the problem here seems only related to 2510G procurve : we only have to reboot this one to make the link working, not the 6600.

2510G image version : Y.11.12
6600 image version : K.14.03

Has anyone an idea about that "issue" ?

Thank you in advance for your help.