Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1753753 Members
5319 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

2510G-24 (J9279A) in factory mode - how to access thru web interface?

isotrop

2510G-24 (J9279A) in factory mode - how to access thru web interface?

I am not an IT pro, just have some basic knowledge. I got this switch and try to configure it for my home network.

Here is my problem: I only have macs with no serial port and I cannot access the web interface for configuration.

Q: Is a serial connection a MUST to set/enable IP? I thought in factory mode the switch would fetch an IP from my DHCP server?

In the Router config screen (a basic internet access/wireless lan/router device) I see the MAC address of the Switch with a corresponding IP address. Entering this address into a browser however does not boot up the config screen and returns an error...

Thanks for feedback
2 REPLIES 2
Tijl van der Steeg
Valued Contributor

Re: 2510G-24 (J9279A) in factory mode - how to access thru web interface?

It should be DHCP-enabled. What I usually do is check the leases of the dhcp-server when I have no serial cable.

Good luck.
(btw, can I bash Mac users now)
Pieter 't Hart
Honored Contributor

Re: 2510G-24 (J9279A) in factory mode - how to access thru web interface?

>>> In the Router config screen (a basic internet access/wireless lan/router device) I see the MAC address of the Switch with a corresponding IP address. <<<
This suggests the DHCP-server at the router has issued an ip-address to the switch

>>> Entering this address into a browser however does not boot up the config screen and returns an error... <<<
Do you do this from the Wireless network?
check the ip-adresses/subnets from the wireless and the wired network.
You may need to enable connection (routing)between the wireless network and the wired network on your "basic internet access/wireless lan/router device".
If wireless was used, and you cannot configure routing, try opening the browser from a wired device.