cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2524 menu/CLI option setting

Erik Ibsen_3
Advisor

2524 menu/CLI option setting

I'm curious if anyone knows a command line setting for the menu/CLI setting found in the 2524 'run setup' menu section. I've been experimenting with various startup configs which have been installed into switches from a remote host, but every time I install a config remotely the switch defaults to CLI when I log into it. Is there a setting to get it to default to menu? I've looked at the CLI reference guide (which is amazingly helpful for everything else) but I see no command for this. Can anyone help?
2 REPLIES
Stuart Teo
Trusted Contributor

Re: 2524 menu/CLI option setting

At the CLI, key in "setup" and punch the
ENTER key. Under "Logon Default", change it to "Menu".
If a problem can be fixed, there's nothing to worry. If a problem can't be fixed, worrying ain't gonna help. Bottom line: don't worry.
Erik Ibsen_3
Advisor

Re: 2524 menu/CLI option setting

Yes, I am familiar with getting into the menu from the CLI once logged into the switch management. That part is easy. What I'm looking for is a command that can be entered into the startup config that would make the menu the default when entering into the management, instead of CLI being the default.
I've noticed that the switch defaults to CLI only when a config has been uploaded to it. If the config is changed while logged into the switch management, the menu being set to default won't change. It's a small nitpicky point, but I'm curious if there is a way to make it work the way I want.