1752790 Members
6094 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

2650-PWR and Avaya IP phone vlan

Tom Stuve_1
Occasional Contributor

2650-PWR and Avaya IP phone vlan

I just configured (or think I've configured) a voice vlan on an HP 2650 for our Avaya 5600 IP phones. A total of two vlans are set up: the default vlan, in which I've configured all ports "UNTAGGED". The second vlan - VID 200 - is the voice vlan. I've configured ports 1-27, and port 38 as "TAGGED". Port 38 is where the Gatekeeper is located.

I've set the phone VLAN ID to 0.

Is this all I need to do for basic vlan setup? How do I know it's doing what it is supposed to? I assume I need to prioritize the traffic on the ports now, but I just need to know if the basic construction is correct.

Obviously, all the hardware is new, and I'm a newbie at this, so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!
Tom
2 REPLIES 2
Carsten M
Regular Advisor

Re: 2650-PWR and Avaya IP phone vlan

Hi Tom

Why you want to set the Phone VLAN ID to 0. That is first not possible. Secondly you have nevertheless the VLAN with the ID 200.

If the Avaya Phones is alone at the SWITCH ports, then you can also configure this SWITCH ports as untagged for vlan 200, and only for vlan 200, thus default vlan as forbidden or do not contain for this ports.

If the Avaya Phone even a SWITCH, thus attached over the Avya Phone still another PC, then you can configure to hp2650 haven as untagged for the default VLAN and tagged for the VLAN 200. The same then also at the Avya Phone.
cm60
Tom Stuve_1
Occasional Contributor

Re: 2650-PWR and Avaya IP phone vlan

Thanks for your reply. The default vlan on the 2650 has a VID of 1 and the voice vlan is VID 200. When configuring the QoS on the Avaya phones, I have to set the VID as 0 or 1. If I set it to VID 200, the phone won't boot. 0 is the default setting on the Avaya phones.

Yes, there is a pc attached to the phones as well.

Tom