4081 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 2848 trunk to 2848

SOLVED
Go to solution
Stefano Tempra

2848 trunk to 2848

Hi, i am just new on procurve switch, and switch configuration.

Is it not clear to me if configuring a trunk on i.e. 4 port of a 2848 switch to an other 2848 switch I have to configure the trunk on both the switch or only on one of the them.

Someone tell me that configure the trunk on both of them may cause an unuseful overhead on trafic. Is it true?

3 REPLIES 3
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor
Solution

It's best to configure a static trunk on both switches.

One other option with the 2800 series is to use a Dynamic LACP trunk where you only need to set the ports to LACP active on one switch - the other switch (which are LACP passive by default) will automatically create a Dynamic trunk.

Anyway, in my opinion it's easier and better to configure a static trunk on both switches. What you heard about this possibly causing an unuseful overhead I have never seen before and don't believe it to be true.

From memory I think the command to configure a static trunk is:

2848(config)# trunk 44-48 trk1
Stefano Tempra

tks a lot for your answer.

there is a way to know/check that the trunk between two sitch have been engaged an work propertly?
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor

'show trunk' and 'show int brief' should give you enough to confirm the trunk is configured and the interfaces are up.

To verify you haven't accidently made a cabling mistake you can check 'show lldp info remote-device' followed by 'show lldp info remote-device '