Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1752781 Members
5998 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 4104 switch is continuously rebooting

esxaddict

4104 switch is continuously rebooting

The switch originally had 3x6port modules in it with of the bays dead(a module could not work in there).

I got a 20port gl module (J4908A), put it in one of the working bays and it killed that bay.

As of right now I only have two working bays in the switch.

Whenever I put the 20port module into a functional bay the "fault" led would say that it was not accepted. This is after a few reboots.

I upgraded the firmware to the latest revision (7.93) via xmodem/hyperterminal. Upon reboot it continuously reboots now with only a 15 second window in the CLI.

The ROM revision is 5.02.

Any thoughts?
6 REPLIES 6
Preston Gallwas
Valued Contributor

Call HP and have it replaced? AFAIK procurve devices are lifetime warranty ;-)
Carsten M
Regular Advisor

What happens, if the j490├Г is alone in the SWITCH Chassis without another module?

From which version you have upgraded to version 7.93. in some fell are necessary part upgrades.
cm60
esxaddict

I forgot what I upgraded from.

I took out all of the modules, save the 20-port.

It is working properly without power-cycling and whatnot.

Would it help if I upgraded the ROM?

How would I go about doing that?

Thanks!
esxaddict

I put the two other modules back in. Now everything is working perfectly. I still think I have a dead bay--but I only have 3 modules(and all of their bays are working), so I can live with that fact for a while.
esxaddict

I'm going to open this back up.

It now is power cycling again when a unit is plugged into any port of any module.

It has power/fault/self/test/statuslight/ lights on. Then it goes to portLights/powerlight/self test/moduleson/Act.

It repeats this pattern as before.
esxaddict

Has it come down to replacing the whole switch or do you think a ROM flash will do it?

How would I go about that?