Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Switches, Hubs, and Modems
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4108 reverted to old config

RobB_8
Advisor

4108 reverted to old config

Can anyone tell me under what circumstances a 4108 would load an old (or secondary config). I had a site take an extended power hit last night, and when the switch came up it loaded an old config that I remember making (pre voip). It is protected with a UPS, so I would not imagine it would not have taken a power surge.
2 REPLIES
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor

Re: 4108 reverted to old config

I can only imagine this occurring if you simply forgot to write mem.

The startup-config has just the one copy.

The 5300/5400 on the other hand does support multiple configuration files so there is a potential there for it to load a different version.
Joel Belizario
Trusted Contributor

Re: 4108 reverted to old config

I concur with Matt, I had a colleague who spent hours doing a config and left site only to return weeks later because the power went out over the weekend and the config disappeared...