Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1752756 Members
4968 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

4108gl LACP problem

VCS Michael Burch

4108gl LACP problem

After upgrading our 4108gl to the latest firmware, we find that we cannot enable IP Routing and LACP at the same time. Is this intentional? We have had this enabled in previous firmware versions. Why the change?
4 REPLIES 4
Mohieddin Kharnoub
Honored Contributor

Re: 4108gl LACP problem

Hi

What was the old firmware version you had before.

I read in version G.07.74 the following:

Routing/Trunks (PR_1000278860) ├в When routing and trunking are both enabled, under some conditions the Switch may incorrectly flood routed traffic.

The CLI will now disallow the creation of a trunk group to be used as a routed interface. Any existing configuration will be flagged in the error log, but will still remain as configured (routed trunk), noting this issue.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/networking/software/4100gl-RelNotes-g07102-59903067.pdf

Good Luck !!!
Science for Everyone
OLARU Dan
Trusted Contributor

I would not use routing with 4108gl. I tried this and the switch became extremely sluggish.
T. Joebstl_1
Occasional Advisor

I'm stuck with the same issue now.
It's a really nice way of hp to fix an issue by simply removing functionality.

I'm really starting to have severe problems with the 41xxgl, guess it was a lot of wasted money...

Drawbacks so far:
* only 2GBit/s bandwidth module to chassis
* no real port mirroring feature, even more restrictions on the 4-port chassis
* weird issues with layer3 enabled at times
* now no trunking with layer3 enabled

Guess I either have to dump the 41xxgl along with a lot of modules or move the routing to something a bit more suited for the task.

Anyone knows if the 4200vl series is any better?

Regards,
Thomas
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor

The 4200 is the same underlying hardware architecture as the 5300, so yes it is better.

I would recommend you speak to HP about your dissatisfaction with being unable to route and trunk at the same time. Depending on when you bought the switch HP may be able to help you through their customer satisfaction program.