Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1753803 Members
7391 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 4108gl wrong Uptime ? Crash ? PR_4919 more Infos needed.

Ackermann Daniel
Occasional Visitor

4108gl wrong Uptime ? Crash ? PR_4919 more Infos needed.

Hi,

Two 4108gl Switches seem to reset the Uptime sporadically. The Uptime shows now 10D ays. There is no error log entry for this date. Also no boot sequence etc. The original boot up was about 7 Weeks ago. All this info is in the "show tech" available, but no crash info or error log info for this date.Two switches report the same behaviour .I found the Problem Id PR_4919 telling about wrong Uptime. But i use latest SW G.07.21. Is this Problem still not correctly fixed ? Is there any more information available ? Does anybody else report the same Problems ?

Thanks for any Help,

Daniel
3 REPLIES 3
Roger Bailey

Version: revision G.04.05, ROM G.03.02 (/sw/code/build/gamo(f01))

I had this same issue yesterday, I had my network all of a sudden turn to a crawl on the core and I checked the switch voer and looked at the up time and it was 4 days. I have had this switch up for over 6 months and I know it for a fact I checked my logs just in case and sure enough this counter reset. I am going to the HP class next month I will bring it up at the the class and ask around with the guys.
Arimo Laine_2
Valued Contributor

Can you post the show tech log here?

Arimo
Ackermann Daniel
Occasional Visitor

Hi together,

Thanks for your replys.
Its a few Month ago since this Problem, i
have not heared from the Customer that it happened again. But i can poste the
"show tech output" from the 9th April from the Problem, which happened on the 30.March 2003.
As you can see, the uptime shows 10 Days, but
the originally Boot sequence shows the 2
February, about 7 weeks earlier. On the 30th March are only some CRC and alignments errors. The Customer reported the Uptime Problem on a MGNT Stattion. Please have a
look on it.
Thanks,
Daniel