Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1753464 Members
4996 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

41xx Event log does not display on the Status page.

jan_68
Advisor

41xx Event log does not display on the Status page.

Please see my previous posting about, I think, related issue. http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1001002
The event log visible from CLI is way longer than anything on the Status Web Interface page. I noticed that while investigating these kinds of events:
I 05/10/06 17:42:30 ports: port E9 is now off-line
I 05/10/06 17:42:32 ports: port E9 is now on-line
I 05/10/06 17:42:50 ports: port E9 is now off-line
I 05/10/06 17:42:53 ports: port E9 is now on-line
I 05/10/06 17:44:20 ports: port E9 is now off-line
I 05/10/06 17:44:22 ports: port E9 is now on-line

I get quite a few of those. So far they look related to the Dell 1600SC servers with the built in Gig NICs. I was hoping for the new firmware for 41xx to be released soon. I have read some excellent posts about the performance of the switches, wish there were more, wish had some time to do my own.
BTW I admire HP for letting forum users speak their mind. There are quite a few posts that would influence my bying decisions in the future, knowing what kind of problems I can expect. Would definately consider HP Procurve.
2 REPLIES 2
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor

Re: 41xx Event log does not display on the Status page.

Hi Jan,

The CLI event log will contain more information that the Web Interface. This is normal. The Web Interface generally uses the more serious alerts.

With the port toggling you're seeing on these Dell servers, I would try a new cat5e(or 6) cable direct from the switch to the server if possible. Otherwise I'd look for any NIC driver updates that you could apply on the server.

You look to have already disabled LACP on that port which is good.

Regarding the latest firmware, since it is not up on the web yet you could try calling HP support, usually they will be able to provide newer releases to you via email.

Don't forget to assign points to posts that have helped you.

Matt

Mohieddin Kharnoub
Honored Contributor

Re: 41xx Event log does not display on the Status page.

Hi Jan
If you update the NIC driver on the server and your cable was ok.
For resiliency why don;t you try the Auto mode, and check the flow control if its disable.
The 41xx performance and throughput is very good and i don;t think the firware update would cause such a problem.

Science for Everyone