1753865 Members
7313 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 5300 snmp read problem

Miika T
Valued Contributor

5300 snmp read problem

I have two 5308 switches with xrrp + management vlan configuration. When I try to use snmpwalk, for example, to query any snmp values using the defined community string, the snmpwalk will timout and the switch log will show no errors etc. If I define a wrong community string, the switch log will have entries of security alerts. I have tried to query the values from the management vlan inteface, aswell as from the xrrp interfaces, but no luck on either of the switches.

-Miika
2 REPLIES 2
Sergej Gurenko
Trusted Contributor

As far as I know router source all the packets from the outgowing interface. UDP is session less. So each the packet will be sourced from the interface closest toward the destination. If this is XRRP interface it can be a problems. There is no difference which router interface you will poll. The reply will be sourced from the other interface.

Check if there is a command to change snmp-server source interface.

P.S. I can be completely wrong :)
Sergej Gurenko
Trusted Contributor

As far as I know router source all the packets from the outgowing interface. UDP is session less. So each the replay packet will be sourced from the interface closest toward the destination. If this is XRRP interface it can be a problems. There is no difference which router interface you will poll. The reply will be sourced from the other interface.

Check if there is a command to change snmp-server source interface.

P.S. I can be completely wrong :)