1752662 Members
5328 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

5300XL, E.07.34 and Power Failures

Markku Leinio
Valued Contributor

5300XL, E.07.34 and Power Failures

Has anyone else experienced power failures with 5300XL and E.07.34 firmware?

Our 5300XL experienced four unexplained power failures (according to the "show log" command) and thus reboots last week. We updated from E.07.30 to E.07.34 previous week. No power problems in other devices behind the same UPS.

I downgraded back to E.07.30 on Friday, and no power problems yet.

Sounds weird, but this just came to my mind.
8 REPLIES 8
Erik Ibsen
Occasional Contributor

Re: 5300XL, E.07.34 and Power Failures

I've recently installed E.07.34 in a 5300 here. It's been running from 9 Sep 03 to today (15 Sep 03) with no power failures at all. I have noticed a larger than normal amount of time updates (updates 4 seconds every two hours or so) but nothing unusual.
Johan Eriksson
Advisor

The update time of every 2h is due to the setting of 720s update time and the setting of when to update (often set to "when timing difference is 4sec or more". So thats nothing strange.

But the clock dont seem to be that stable in the 530x series as in others :)
Johan
Markku Leinio
Valued Contributor

I've been running E.07.34 a few weeks now again, with no power problems. So, I guess there must have been something else.
Battiston gregor
Occasional Advisor

I had a lot of problem with that release 07.34, the switch is sensible to the last virus and slow down until it reboot.
The cpu was running between 15 to 25 %.
I have change to 07.37 and both 5308 are running fine with the same config the CPU is running between 4 and 7%
Markku Leinio
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the hint. Our border router (5304XL) has been experiencing some excess load recently. It is running E.07.30.
Markku Leinio
Valued Contributor

Our border router update to E.07.37 caused a bad problem: the router didn't route any more appropriately.

A few minutes after the update the router stopped reacting to any management functions (ssh, snmp, ping), and also most of the traffic was dropped.

What was surprising, some SSH and POP3S connections from outside (to internal network) were working as usual, but almost all other connections were dropped (for example web servers were unreachable).

Reverting to 07.30 was easy from primary flash, fortunately. The situation lasted about 30 minutes until sysadmin got there to press the reset button.

So, I *don't* recommend 07.37 to anyone, based on my experience. We don't know yet, what was the actual problem with that.
Battiston gregor
Occasional Advisor

I'm sorry that you hade such problem with that version. On my design with 2 5308 running OSPF i hade no problem and the system is stable if i revert back to 7.34 it's working fews days and after it slow down and crash.
Stuart Teo
Trusted Contributor

Hi all,

I made the bold move to E.07.37 and loved it. I was running E.07.30 previously and had to upgrade because of mesh problem
If a problem can be fixed, there's nothing to worry. If a problem can't be fixed, worrying ain't gonna help. Bottom line: don't worry.