Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1753453 Members
6498 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 5308 and FEC config

Derek Reynolds

5308 and FEC config

I am setting up a teamed dual copper gig Compaq NIC running in NEC mode to a 5308. Do I just trunk the 2 gig ports or am I missing something?? Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7
koppendorfer
Occasional Advisor

trunk in FEC mode at the switch also
Gonzo Granello
Valued Contributor

There are at least 3 different trunking versions. Make sure you set the ports as FEC trunk and I would also turn off LACP on those (or the whole Box for that matter) if you are not using it. (int all no LACP) Hope that helps.

GG
most time the day i have to mask my contempt for the a-holes in charge......
Derek Reynolds

OK. Very cool, and it all makes perfect sense. But where is the FEC trunking setup?? I know it will be in the telnet session but where. Sorry for being a bit dense here...
Les Ligetfalvy
Esteemed Contributor

Well, if you prefer to follow your nose instead of CLI, it would be:
menu
2. Switch Configuration...
2. Port/Trunk Settings

HTH
Derek Reynolds

DOH!! Sorry, I obviously wasn't using my brain when I was in the trunking config screen.
Les Ligetfalvy
Esteemed Contributor

Eh, no prob. Following one's nose through the menus is not bad but one needs to drop down to the CLI for some of the serious stuff and the manual is not the easiest to follow for CLI stuff. I did find a CLI reference for the 2000 and 4000 series but nothing for the 530x.
Gonzo Granello
Valued Contributor

Duh, how 'bout giving out some points to help the ppl that enlightend you so promptly..... i mean just in case you need more questions answered.....

GG
most time the day i have to mask my contempt for the a-holes in charge......