1748218 Members
4379 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

5406xl

Carlo Carbo
Occasional Contributor

5406xl

We have currently installed 2 core switch 5406zl, but we encounter problems recently. Clients and not able to access some Ip addresses even they belong to the same Vlan and same switch. we configure Core A as master and Core B as backup but suddenly Core B becomes primary as well, i think that is the reason why some of our clients are not able to access our remote resources as well as local resources. Now my question is how I can re-configure Core B to act as a backup. Can someone help me please... Thanks a lot
3 REPLIES 3
Jeff Carrell
Honored Contributor

Re: 5406xl

carlo, if you could include your config files for both switches that would help us help you :-)

regards...jeff
Carlo Carbo
Occasional Contributor

Jeff,

Please find the foloowing attached files.

thanks a lot
Jeff Carrell
Honored Contributor

thanx...however i only see one config file, which appears to be the "core" router...

couple of things i noticed:

1) you probably should upgrade the code to the latest version K.13.25....read the release notes on doing the upgrade...i'm not saying that the code you have is bad, but it won't hurt to get the latest code...

2) on your vrrp config for vlan 1, it is not 'enabled'...that will definitely cause this router's vlan 1 to not be "master"...

for the rest of it, altho i didn't verify each specific vlan ip to vrrp ip, it all looks basically ok...

run 'show vrrp' to see the status...often i see that some vrrp status is in "initialize" which means the 2 vrrp configs on "master" and "backup" routers can't see each other...when this occurs, i have seen 2 common problems:

1) often due to spanning-tree blocked ports...since i also don't have a diagram to view, its hard to say if that is an issue for you or not...do a 'sh span' to verify all the main "link" connections are not in "blocking" state...

2) the other common problem is the 'backup' routers' config was actually configured as 'master'...can't have 2 masters...

when you run 'sh vrrp' on each of the routers, do it with terminal screens side-by-side if possible so you can see the status of each vlan/vrrp and make whatever changes necessary...

you are close :-)

hth...jeff